Doctor: Very good... We have worked through the problem of your sister-in-law's vie for attention from your husband.
Mz Crenshaw: Yes doctor... *sob*
*Doctor pulls tissue after tissue out of box as the lady picks them up and sobs into them *
Doctor: Now these crying spells give good release but they are not constructive. We need to get to the root of the problem.
Mz Schwarz: Yes doctor. I am ready to work on this with you.
Doctor: Many times people are dealing with unresolved issues from their ch1ldhood. Mz Schwarz... did something bad happen to you as a ch1ld?
Mz Schwarz: Well there was one thing. But no... it is too silly.
Doctor: (taking interest, removing his glasses) No go on. Go on. Nothing is too silly.
Mz Schwaz: You know I think it was the most traumatic thing that ever happened to me. I was 8 years old and this bully stole my pail from me. He took it. Then he kicked it and put a big dent it in. *breaks out sobbing again*
Doctor: Let me get this straight... You are telling me that the most traumatic thing ever in your life was losing your pail?
Mz Schwarz: He stole it from. And he was f@t. Really f@t.
Doctor: Well we must try to look at it from his perspective too. Often times... overweight... ch1ldren act out because of difficulties in their own lives. Why even myself... I too was a ....
chubby k1d.
Mz Scwarz: He was mean! Big f@t mean little chubbo.
Doctor: Wait a minute... Was this pail... blue?
Mz Scwarz: Yes! It was blue with a red shovel. It had a picture of Minnie Mouse on it.
Doctor: What... what is your maiden name?
Mz Crenshaw: Crenshaw!
Doctor: ha ha ha! Crybaby Crenshaw! I see you are able to hide your lisp now.
Mz Crenshaw: *gasping and lisping out* F@tso Henderson!
Doctor Henderson: I never stole your pail. I remember it quite distinctly. I bought it from you for six pieces of saltwater taffy.
Mz Crenshaw: Only f@tso Henderson would have salt water taffy! But I remember how it really went. You waddled up to me, your belly hanging over your daddies swimming pants, and said: "Gimme that pail or else" Then you took it and kicked it. Put a big dent in it.
Doctor Henderson: *laughing nervously* heh heh heh Look at us Mz Schwarz. We are adults. We have forgotten that.
Mz Schwarz: *laughing nervously* ha ha yes. Silly. So very silly.
Doctor Henderson: Let's get back to your in-laws. Do you think your mother in law's behavior at dinner last Thursday could be the reason for...
Mz Crenshaw: I want it back. Right now.
Doctor Henderson: Are you mad? I haven't got it! That was years ago!
Mz Crenshaw: If you don't give me back my pail right now I am going to go out to that room full of 40 dollar an hour patients and tell them how you were thrown out of the 3rd grade for drawing pictures of the most interesting bits of teacher's anatomy on the bathroom walls.
Doctor Henderson with a look of defeat, slowly opens the bottom drawer of his desk and pulls out a blue pail. Mz Crenshaw grabs it but her momentary happiness fades and:
Mz Crenshaw: This is not my pail! Mine had a picture of Minnie and this is Donald!
So the doctor walks slowly to a closet. Opens the door just a crack and pulls out a blue pail. He hands it to her.
Now she is less quick to get excited and carefully examines the pail.
Mz Crenshaw: This is not my pail either!
So she starts toward the closet door. The doctor blocks her at first, but then, realizing he is done for, lets her go by. She opens the door wide... And an avalanche of pails cascades onto the floor. After casting an accusing look at the doctor she sifts through them until she finds her pail, her beloved missing pail, and skips out the door.
The doctor sits down, crushed by the all too telling revelations, not even bothering to close the closet door. She comes back. Her eyes flashing fire. Her eyes demanding... threatening...
And in the final act of defeat... the doctor reaches into the inner pocket of his expensive suit jacket... and pulls out the red shovel that she has returned for. With shovel and pail in hand, Mz Crenshaw again skips out of the office and into history.
Things were quiet as the doctor sagged in defeat... and then came a green light... a devouring all changing green light. The doctor welcomed it.
Quote